Monday 13 July 2015

So Many Unanswered Questions

It's been a torrid time this past few weeks and months. My pain levels have been pretty constant - around a seven for most of the time - so I've been feeling quite depressed about life in general and mourning the life I once had really badly.

When I was a teenager I took part in a great many physical activities. Hiking, kayaking, orienteering, rock climbing, mountaineering, abseiling, swimming (to gold life-saving award standard), camping and general sports activities - I was never any good at team sports like football or athletics, but I loved the other stuff. These days I'm lucky to manage a half hour swimming session without completely exhausting myself for days after. 

I'd love to know why. What happened between then and now? Did I cause all this myself through too much inactivity - between 20 and 37 I didn't do much sport, though up until 2010 I went hiking across the moors quite regularly and was a member of my local gym - or did I cause it through overdoing it when I was a teenager??? Was I always predisposed to fibro?  is it genetic? Did some earlier illness cause it? Were the agonising leg cramps I had as a young boy the start of it, or was it the pneumonia I contracted when I was 23?

Will the pain ever stop?

Will I ever be cured?

Will the medical profession find a treatment that works without causing other symptoms or side effects?

There are so many unanswered questions with fibromyalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.