Wednesday 6 May 2015

Struggling with Jerks!

I'm having a bit of a flare at present. It's affected my guts (as usual) and also increased the pain in my lower back, and this time I've noticed sharp stabbing pain in my joints - mainly my knuckles and knees. On top of this the skin around my knuckles has decided to start splitting and cracking open. It's really dry and no amount of creams rubbed in, or drinking of water seems to have stopped it. The thing that's bothering me the most is the stabbing pain in my joints - it's like the joint is cracking or trapping a nerve for the briefest moment, but the pain lingers for a couple of seconds afterwards - a really sharp pain like someone's injected the joint with a needle that's too big for for the job and then slowly removed it. It's disconcerting - especially when you're serving a customer and handing them their change! I've thrown more money at people this week than I've ever thrown at anyone before! And it can happen even when I'm resting - watching t.v with a nice cup of hot tea, one second firmly gripped, next second in my lap. I think I should add 'scalding' and 'blistering of thighs' to the list of fibro symptoms!

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this strange phenomenon?

(BTW - I get stabbing pains in my muscles all the time so I'm used to uncontrollable jerking movements. Just never had them in the joints before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.