Friday 18 March 2016

Telling Tales - A Cry For Help!


I've been writing about my fibromyalgia journey for a few years now and I'm pretty sure that most of my readers are fully up to speed with how my fibro affects me on a day to day basis. I write about it to help in my personal crusade to raise awareness of the fact that men get fibro too - I'm also pretty sure that that fact is now well known in the chronic illness community and it is getting out to the wider community too - even some doctors believe it!!

At the moment I am in the middle of a major flare - which is why you haven't seen me posting very much in recent days on social media etc. I'm sorry about that as I do like to promote FibroMen as often as I can. The truth is I am depressed and my depression is making me extremely tired, so when I'm not at work I have to rest. I'm sure you understand and can empathise with that.

So, I'm throwing open the doors to allow others to 'fill-in' for me whilst I'm resting.

I operate another site called "My-Fibro-My-Algia" - and, as you can imagine from the title, it's about fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions - not just in men, but in everyone! The aim of the site is to get people talking about their condition - sharing their journey of hope over adversity with chronic pain conditions. The ultimate goal of the site is raising awareness but it is hoped that visitors will learn more about their own conditions through positive stories by real sufferers. They don't all have to be positive of course - your story might be one similar to mine, where you're currently in a bad place. We don't want to pull any punches. Living with a chronic pain condition is difficult at best and downright unbearable when things get really bad. We want our readers to understand this - especially the newly diagnosed who might be struggling to come to terms with their diagnosis - there are going to be good days and bad days, as with everything in life, but our message will be "You are not alone."

The site is in need of some content - and that is where you come in. Please take the pressure off me for a while and help me by writing a short piece about your "Journey So Far" with your condition. You can write about getting a diagnosis, what your life was like before and after diagnosis, treatments that failed, treatments that worked, alternative therapies, exercising, voodoo, devil worship, witches covens, witch doctors - literally anything that you have been through on your journey with your chronic pain condition.

By sharing your story you'll be doing three things:
  • HELPING TO RAISE AWARENESS
  • INSPIRING HOPE IN THOSE NEWLY DIAGNOSED OR STRUGGLING TO COME TO TERMS WITH A DIAGNOSIS
  • HELPING ME TO GET OVER THIS FLARE AND DEPRESSION BY RESTING 
(I can manage the cutting and pasting to share your stories though!!)

So, if you're interested, and have the time, I'd appreciate any help I can get to get more content on the site.

You can share your story HERE.

Thank you. I'm off back to bed - when I wake I hope to have an inbox full of your stories!!

(Shared with Chronic Friday Linkup and Chronic Illness Bloggers )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.