Thursday 25 February 2016

Searching Health? - Don't Let Google Scare You!

I once searched "Fibromyalgia Symptoms" in my favourite search engine and it returned over thirteen million links. The first page returned included no less than four paid-for ads - where businesses pay a fee to be placed higher in the list. 

What struck me more than anything was the lack of relevance to my requested search. I had wanted a simple list of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, what I got was page after page of my kind of stuff - sorry bloggers of the world - solitary blogs writing about one of their symptoms of fibromyalgia. They appeared in the list because they'd placed 'labels' in the key words of their post such as "Fibromyalgia" and/or "Symptoms" 

So, without typing "A List of the symptoms of fibromyalgia" in my initial search I got over 13 million returns. (BTW actually typing in "A list of the symptoms of fibromyalgia" reduced the returns to a little over three million - again it included four paid-for ads at the top of the list.) Obviously, my favourite search engine has become over-crowded with irrelevant twaddle!

I don't know about you, but with my chronic pain I find typing unbearably painful at times - (I've been writing this post for three days!) - having to be so specific when entering my search criteria in to a search engine, in order to get the results I want, is not the best thing for me to do. I want to be able to type "fibromyalgia" and get all the information I need in one click of the mouse.

That's when I came across MedNexus. MedNexus is a health search engine that does exactly what you would hope a health search engine would do - give you straight answers to straight questions - no sponsored advertising crowding out the facts, no scary, turn my world upside down results like "Your itchy skin could be skin cancer." Just type in "Fibromyalgia" and the results will be there before you've even finished typing. It's THAT SIMPLE.

Why waste hours trawling through page after page of irrelevant results from Google when you can type your health query into MedNexus and get everything from the basics to in-depth articles and reviews that are current and relevant. There's everything from Asthma to Xenophobia - uncluttered, concise and categorised - without the dross. 

This is what MedNexus tells you about Fibromyalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.