Saturday 14 March 2015

Saturday - Dad n Daughter time

Emily with Pepper (Our cat of 17 years who sadly died in February)
On Saturdays my wife Lesley heads out to work at 9.30am which means Emily and myself are left to do our own thing - this usually involves lounging aound the house, a trip to the local shops or a trip to the park. We'll both admit that lounging around the house is our favourite Saturday pastime
- and I have to consider how I'm feeling in terms of health conditions before we make any firm plans to venture outside!
Emily
On the odd occasion when we do go out it's usually up to Stewart Park in Middlesbrough - home of the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum and our favourite cafe, Henry's, where we indulge ourselves with their delicious bacon butties and coffee and sweets!

It's our favourite place in Middlesbrough.

Saturdays have become Dad n Emily days! Restful together time when we can craft, draw, watch TV or nip out for a bite to eat - and chill.

Dad in silly hat!
We love Saturdays!

I'm thankful that, in Middlesbrough, we have everything we need on our doorstep - the park is half a mile from our house and if we drive for five more miles south we have access to the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors National Park - I tend to moan a bit about our town but it really couldn't be positioned better for amenities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.