Sunday 15 February 2015

"Join a local support group." said the Doctor

I live in the North East of England. When I was first diagnosed with fybromyalgia the doctor suggested I seek out a support group, as meeting with others might help me cope better with the syndrome. So I began a search and found such a support group....in Chester le Street (a town in Durham, some thirty miles away)

Even though I can drive, and in the scheme of things 30 miles isn't that far, it's just that little too far for my anxious wife to cope with me driving - there's a busy motorway involved!

So I decided to try and set up a more local support group - somewhere in the Teesside / North Yorkshire area - and what a gargantuan task it's becoming.

Go on Twitter I said to myself - there'll be loads of people in my area who might want to help me start something - every follower so far lives in the south or in the good old US of A with the exception of a few in Newcastle and Scotland! There must be SOMEBODY ELSE in my locality who suffers from this, surely to God?

Facebook was no better.

I've trawled the internet - found all of the national charity-sized Fibro pages - joined some forums on UK Fibromyalgia - posted questions like "Anyone in the North East?' and 'Is anyone aware of a support group local to Middlesbrough?'

It seems that there isn't, and if there is, nobody's telling!

So, I'm asking a favour of all who read this post - please 'like' 'share' or 'retweet' it to all of your followers and friends. Do a man in severe and constant pain a great favour and share the link to my site (www.myfibro.co.uk) for he's desperately seeking at least one fellow fibromyalgia sufferer within meeting distance.


I don't want to set up a convention - I just want to meet up with one or two fellow sufferers locally, to chat and try to help each other.

Or, am I alone with my pain??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.

Please also visit the rest of my site at http://www.myfibro.co.uk

Thank you.